Whirling Dervish Show In Cappadocia
he mystical Sufi trance movements of the Whirling Dervishes will delight your senses and take you on a spiritual journey with the live music and graceful movements.
Inspired by Rumi, (Mevlana Celaleddin-i Rumi) more than 800 years ago, these movements of the Sema symbolize the mystic cycle to reach perfection. Every being and object in the universe revolves as man revolves with the Earth, as with the revolving movements of the Dervish. With his hat (his ego’s tombstone) and his white skirt (his ego’s shroud), he removes his black cloak and begins his spiritual whirl to transcend this world – reaching perfection. Each stage of the Sema is enchanting and awe-inspiring and the setting couldn’t be more perfect.
The performance is located inside a 13th century renovated Silk Road caravanserai. The ceremony lasts about 45 minutes with a quick slideshow about Turkey and a traditional religious beverage of serbet after the ceremony.
There are some rules while watching the ceremony
- It’s obligatory to make a reservation
- Late arrivals won’t be accepted
- Silence is very important. Applauses are not allowed
- Cell phones or cameras (taking photos) are not allowed
- Eating, drinking and smoking is not allowed
- Children below 12 years old are not allowed
Whirling Dervish Show In Cappadocia Includes
- Entrance fees
- Pick-up and drop off to local hotels.
Whirling Dervish Show In Cappadocia Excludings
- Personal expenses